Thursday, December 01, 2011

What the Hell's Going On?



Are you sitting in your local blind (Bob DaFolder) wondering where all the ducks have gone?  Well being the Expert let me drop some knowledge on you all, before someone (DaFolder) has a stroke.  I've been listening to you all and thinking about it myself and here is my conclusion.  Migration folks, it happens, man I could make a million selling those bumper stickers, it happens for a couple of reasons.  A: Would you not want to winter down in Cabo? 6: They've all been sitting around eating and gearing up for this long journey, waiting for weather to push them, but the other thing pushing them is time, there is not a lot of daylight to feed anymore.  If they stick around because the weather is nice then they might get caught here, without enough food in their bellies.  The ducks and geese know when it's time to move on, the smart ones anyway,  seven years of evolution tells us this.  So what we need to do is sit tight, ducks and geese up north are still moving down, within the next couple of weeks there will be a mass migration, I experienced it, remember?  I saw it last year on November 24th, the weather was fierce and it has not gotten like that yet.  Call it global warming or call it what you will.  But being in Idaho you want that migration to happen now, your season is running out!  Not to scare you. So sit tight my friends the best is yet to come... or not.




No comments: