Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Day Sixteen Oregon







Today I hope the Idaho Chapter had a better day than me.  Dropped Kathy and the family off at the airporto got home packed up Lisa and headed out to what I thought was going to be a prosperous morning of slaying ducks.  Weather man said big front moving in with high winds.  Excellent I thought.  After much reading on end of the season hunting one of the points was weather fronts, follow them it said because ducks are.  I had only one place in mind today, Old Spot.  I wanted a nostalgia hunt, a good ole days hunt.  Two D-Bags had the point with a dog named Max, which was fine by me cause like I said Old Spot for me.  Throw my blocks out, more on that later, hunker down in the brush, I think I'm looking good.  Sparse my friends sparse.  The only action was the two D-Bags taking 8-10 shots to kill two buffleheads, they took their shots at a set of pintails and a set of mallards but their guns didn't hold enough shells.  Those two buffleheads were out there, Max I must say did a great job swimming 100 yards plus to retrieve their downed birds, poor guy must be whipped.   With the wind slamming my massive blocks I had to set and reset them often, was not special, only upside is that I saw no birds while resetting.  So I'm off to buy some bowling balls to tie them to to keep them put, also it's time for the 2012 license, don't forget.  




No comments: