Friday, February 24, 2012

You say goodbye, I say hello.


We certainly have had our good times together. Quality time at the fuel pump filling not one but two tanks. Maxing out at 65mph in 5th going down hill. Sliding recklessly over the center divider even with 4 wheel engaged on those snowy roads. And let's not forget those trips to see our friends at Reccos Auto Repair time and time again for little things like new clutches and computer brains. Yes indeed, they have been heady good times, but now it's time to say goodbye.

It's with a sad heart that I put you, ole' Big Betty, up on 'The List' last week. At first I asked merely for a trade of reasonable proportions. Maybe something that didn't have a clanging transmission that seems to be ready to fall out of your 195K mile frame. How about something that gets more than 9mpg on the highway, or maybe a trade that doesn't invoke panic to drive over the pass. All I received in return was the ever popular 2nd party title and the unregistered bucket. And then there's the 150 mile drive on my part to see your grainy photo of a trade. Phooey!

But then salvation! Some guy from Montana with a supercharged 5.0 from an F150 Lightning he wrecked and who wants to drop a new tranny into your tired frame. His kids are begging him for a cool looking lifted truck to pull the family boat with, not the old wimpy truck they have now. This is the kind of thing you are great at! Looking cool, looking mean, looking GOOD! I think you two will make a great pair. Plus, he's bringing cash money to help ease my pain. I'll miss you ole' Big Betty.

Hello Duck Hunting Boat!
I think we will ge
t along just fine. As Mitch once said, "You can just forget about that other one cause now you got this fine looking jewel sitting right here by you." Ain't that the truth. That's the plain truth.
So now the search begins for the perfect duck boat. Let's forget about the fact that I have nothing to pull you with. Time alon
e will take care of that. I'm even selling off some old stuff I don't need to put money into the kitty for you. Willy has even put his mini RV up for sale to kick in some dollars for you, knowing full well how good his dog Peat will look sitting on your bow riding off into the morning darkness in search of ducks. I can't wait to meet you. We are going to be good friends. Good friends.



GBCH

No comments: