Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Primer


Today I primed the trailer for paint. Turns out that my ole' friend Fred G wants to come and help me prep the duck boat for it's maiden season of slaying. There's lots of work to do but I figured I'd get a head start on some of the less than fun parts. Using a few different wire brushes I've sanded down most of the rust and old blue paint. (Blue is only a color of camo if you are in a plane) Then, using some Rustolium primer, I layed down a nice clean layer of grey upon which any color we choose can be easily applied. I also found when I registered the trailer that it is a 1959 model from EZ Loader. I thought it was home-made but in fact it's just old. Cool!

Next up is power washing the interior and exterior of the boat itself. This was to be my project for this week but Asshat guy from Montana never showed up to buy Big Betty. I have decided to bring her to the mechanic in Pinehurst (NOT Recco's) to get a diagnosis as to what may be wrong with the transmission. Hopefully after it is fixed I can sell it for more than before and buy a better truck to pull the boat and a bigger motor for the water. Time will tell.
GBCH

No comments: