Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Because 'They Care'

window to dissapointment
I open my mailbox today and inside I find this.  Sealed inside a Postal Service envelope is my Ducks Unlimited gift for renewing my membership last month.  Only problem is the limited edition, ultra special, perfectly toned and pitched custom duck call that was to be my free gift, is nowhere to be found.  In fact I can see exactly where it was ripped from the envelope and freed to the postal employee who felt like getting a new duck call.  Just like the one I wanted!

I read the back and especially enjoyed the message that said, basically: "We are aware that whatever was inside is no longer inside, but we took the time to put your busted envelope inside another envelope so that nothing else can escape.  Have a great day."

So, being as I was going to the Post Office to mail off a package today, I brought it along.  When I showed it to the nice lady behind the counter she confirmed what I expected.  The duck call is gone and, well, it's just gone.  She then asked me if I wanted insurance on the package I was sending.  "No thanks, I have nothing but confidence it will get there" I say with just a touch of irony.

GBCH

1 comment:

Fred G. said...

I love the irony stuff