Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day Two Oregon



Well this picture and video pretty sum up the day two.  Cliffy and I met on the island at 4 a.m and headed to the East Side.  For those of you that don't remember the East Side is a first come first serve except for the reservations, which we think were going to make every year.  You line up in your vehicle and wait, obviously the earlier you get there the chances of getting a better blind or a blind at all is greater.  Sometimes you can burned, the "dudes" in front of us got there at 11 p.m the night before, we got there at 4 a.m.  See what I'm saying?  We end up seventh in line behind 18 reservations, it's a great spot to be in.  

We arrive at the check in window and Cliffy the stud that he is pulls Mudhen 6, it's like he knew 7,8 and 9 had no hunt able water.  Blocks out and Leroy at the ready to bring the little devils in.  Pre-morning fly was pretty good which turned into a so-so morning.  Cliffy doing his best to get on the board with a few missed opportunities.  Me, I have not shotten my gun in a season plus here in Oregon.  Lunch, the second best sammy of the year so far, called a gut bomb, did  little to help.  The sun is shinning brightly, good enough for me to take a respite.  I awake to some crap ducks wanting us, I, Fred G. unload my gun, perfectly no less.  Gun shouldered and looking down the barrel seeing red.  It felt really good even though I did not want to fold any of them.  We then call it, all we are seeing are crap ducks, nothing else.  We decide to pack it up.  It was a beautiful day, moon setting over the west hills, seeing ducks, not a lot of sky busting and beautiful blue bird day.  Next up, taking Waylon out on Sunday to introduce the boy to the H7HT way.







No comments: