Sunday, December 07, 2014

I Saw A Full Moon Rising




I must admit I was a skeptic today.  Remember that thing I talked about last week, weather?  Well today brought none.  Remember that thing we've talked about in the past, full moon?  Remember don't hunt it?  Well we had it.  Well maybe today "I had some good books to read."


As you all know from the many years of reading this awesome blog is that the Oregon Chapter has alway had some trials and tribulations.  Today a new one.  Cliffy picks me up at 5:30 which is actually 5:15, we need to get out there before everyone else cause space is limited due to the rising water.  Well driving up to the park we are greeted with a closed gate that has never been closed before.  Sign reads park closed 8pm to 6am.  Signage has always been there.  Well its 5:40 and we're sitting there in front of this gate scratching our heads, now what?  Can there really be someone that comes by at 6am to open this park virtually not close to anything important?  If nobody shows do we risk driving over tire spiked exit?  Well at 5:59 Ethel and Bernie show up and do just that, open the gate to our own now private hunting grounds.

We unload the new member Waylon and Scooby Doo down to the water, we have an hour to get out there, find a spot and set the blocks.  We get everything done just nice by cilling time.  Well not 10 minutes into the morning a green head bastard flies right in gear fully down wanting our set and I put 3 and 1/2 inches of love into him.  Not 15 seconds later our newest member Waylon is in the water for the first ever Oregon retrieve by a dog!!  Swam right by the blocks, may have sniffed one or two on the way out but having cut his teeth in Idaho he knew exactly what he was looking for.  

Not much happens for the next few hours.  Cliffy goes for a walk to warm the pup up.  He comes back and tells tales of blinds built around the corner from where we are sitting.  Heck I'm a little chilled too maybe I too will go for a jaunt.  Just as I was going to get up a green head bastard and his woman fly in at mach 10.  I take my bead off the hen and put it right onto the Canadian, cause I only shoot green today, pull the trigger and fill him with 3 and 1/2 inches of knock down.  Lands right next to the blind, no retrieve necesario.  Guess it's time to take that walk and leave Cliffy with his thoughts, he didn't look happy, I just tied him for greenie totals.  


GBCH



No comments: