Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Scouting the Old Old Spot and More

At the Old Spot blind looking towards King Day Cillin Spot





At the Point looking towards the Old New Spot
Today I packed up and decided to go scout the hunting spots before hunting season starts.  After having a really dry summer I knew there would not be too much water and that is exactly what I found.  As you can see from the pictures water is nonexistent.  I hiked all the way around the point and down to the Old New Spot.  To tell you the truth I was pretty excited to make my way down there haven't being down there in several years.  Water all along the way was scarce, no water close enough to shore to build a blind, or because the water was so low that what their was got really deep really fast.  I made it down to the Old New Spot and it has grown into possibly fantastic hunting spot depending the time of the year.  After scouting there I make my way back and cut up through the berm towards the "hatch" area.  Would you believe it! they removed the "hatch" and now the is a potential river, that is now dry, maybe being huntable.  I time the walk back to the truck and from the Old New Spot it was 40 minutes.   Not too bad? (don't forget that would be after partaking in some wikki and such)


Looking back at the Old Old Spot


"Hatch" area





No comments: