Thursday, December 17, 2015

Canadian Clipper



This man proclaimed that there was a "Canadian Clipper" coming in.  Arctic blast from the north, temperatures in the 30's with winds and rain.  I read into this.  I thought he meant storm front pushing ducks from the north into my backyard.  What he really meant was warm temperatures and continuing buckets of rain.  

This man is a liar
It's Wednesday.  Cilling fields open at 7:10.  We know the reality, nobody, nobody is going to be hunting the Old Old spot with the water levels at a record high for this time of the year.  But being a former expert I know that levels around the seven foot mark means that I can find some high ground out on the point.  Exactly what I did.  Last time out I discovered that the waders leak above the waist, so I was actually hoping for water above the waist to try out my new addition to the gear pile.  Waterproof socks!  Yeah, let the water flow into the right leg and fill my bootie, matters the mo, my feet will be dry because I'm wearing waterproof socks!




Find my way out to the point in waist high water and find a high spot, water up to my ankles.  Throw out my spread, hook up my scrims and settle in.  I'm thinking that I look alright.  After hours of watching a test pattern in off and on showers I call it.  On the way out I run into Debbie Downer dressed in her lesbian camo with her over weight pit bull again.  "Betcha didn't get anything today" she yells to me.  "They shot all the ducks back in the 80's." I've met this woman before, she has a 1976 Ford f250 on blocks at her mothers house.  She thinks all the ducks live down south in Klamath.  Funny, I've never seen Debbie's name on the Expert list.

GBCH





No comments: