Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Water is Back!


But the ducks are not.
Last week I had no luck on barely any water for two days in a row.  Clider also went out and had a similar experience, maybe someday he will even tell us about it. Truthfully I was skeptical at best about going out this week even though I had some days off to burn before the upcoming onslaught of Christmas.  But then a package arrived.


Dakota Extreme Mallards.  A whole dozen of them.  Holy Heston they are fantastic looking blocks.  I had to go out today just to see how they looked floating in the waters of Anderson lake.  The water has come back to levels not seen since October with the recent endless rain we have been getting and the wind was light.  I set out all my new friends, and the jerk rig as well, in the early morning hours and waited.  There were some decent flocks of ducks moving overhead and lots of geese moving around but only one good opportunity came my way.  A fat greenie came straight in and by the time I saw him he saw me too.  Over my head and gone in no time at all.
*gun shown actual size

I took a walk and a plump little teal jumped from the channel.  Had I been 'The Expert' I would have not been startled and surely would have brought him home, but alas, I am not.  I also stopped by to see how busy the beavers have been and snapped this photo to prove that here in Idaho the beavers are no wimps.  A quick nap and a tuna sammy and I was on my way home.  No ducks but man are my new decoys awesome.  Thanks Santa!

GBCH


No comments: