Saturday, October 08, 2022

It's Aboot Time!

Spooky.... right?
 That I put up a post about what has been happening in the world of puppy ownership and the joys that go along with it.  So here we go......

Vaccinations are done!  Now I can bring the Little River Duck Dog out on hikes and walks that don't involve the backyard.  We have been to the golf course, the airport, the golf course, the other side of the golf course and of course, the golf course.  There are many different parts of the golf course to go for walks in and after 11 years of being 'The Golf Course Guy' I feel that going to the golf course is entirely my prerogative. On top of that the woods surrounding the course are chalk full of smells and wild animals.  Bones have already been found.  The airport is the other destination that is now open to us.  Turns out there is quite a nice local dog park out there.  Not too many dogs and lots of open space and water to explore.  I'm sure we will go there more as the weather turns bad up higher in the mountains.

"I'm here to ruin your great tee shot"  Ladi.
On to the good stuff.  Recently the puppy files include playing golf and shooting guns.  Starting with the playing golf thing, after we closed down the course for the season the riff/raff that works there had a day to go and have the course to ourselves.  No meddlesome golfers, no angry grounds crew, just the average Joe's that work everyday to give the people the best experience possible.  And now made even better with a puppy!  Every putt was ruined.  Every drive was distracted by barking and jumping. Every fairway shot had to be timed to correspond with the dog out of the way.  My coworkers were thrilled!

The gun shooting went much better.  Clider, June and I went to the quarry to see if gunfire would be a problem that made me trade my new lovely puppy in for a kitten.  Turns out I'll be keeping her.  Good news all around.  She didn't even flinch when Clider brought out the Retreiver 'R' Trainer (harken back to the 50's for a glimpse into 'Water Dog') and we fired off a few dummies progressively getting closer to the loudness.  Next was the .410 and once again Ladi preformed admirably.  I believe that the fact that June Bug was along for the fun was a major factor in the overall performance that she displayed.  we kept the training short and kinda easy but the end result is that I feel good about bringing her to the hunting areas this Monday.  Stay tuned...

GBCH

No comments: