Saturday, August 27, 2022

She's ok I Guess.

 

Well another week has passed and the puppy continues to grow and find new ways to both impress and aggravate me.  This is the 12 1/2 pound picture. I look at this as a terrific chance to build my upper body strength due to all the times I have to lift her out of danger, out of an area she does not belong or just up into the truck.  As she grows the workout gets harder. You may notice the dirty paws. This is from her digging a hole next to the pine tree. See, impressive digging skills, bad application. I hope my arms are jacked by the time I need to lift her out of the 8 foot deep hole.

She spent some time with June Bug thanks to Monica bringing her over for a play date and was mostly concerned with trying to bite her in the mouth. June, not Monica. Monica was great at keeping June from biting back but I was all for it. Puppy needs to know her place right? Good dog.
This was also the second trip to the V-E-T. Vaccine shots, kennel cough goop and the ole' thermometer a 'la Navin Johnson.  Through it all she was quite composed and calm.  Even during today's thunderstorm she was not concerned about certain death or the end of the world. Impressive right?
Our puppy obedience classes start in 2 weeks but even now we have 'come here's and 'sit' (complete with a hand signal) down pat. Again impressive.

This is also the week she bit me in earnest from trying to get a food wrapper out of her mouth, runs away from me as I attempt to get her to bed, continues to eat the pinecones behind the fence that no longer is over jumping height, refuses to stop eating the strawberries and generally tests my patience and sleep patterns. Not a bad trade off I guess.
Stay tuned for more updates
GBCH

No comments: